bits of information on Psychodrama, Sociometry, Group Psychotherapy, associated subjects such as ro

bits of information on Psychodrama, Sociometry, Group Psychotherapy, associated subjects such as ro
From the Presentation: ACORNography: The Theories of J. L. Moreno and Others

Monday, July 16, 2012

You Probably Won't Want to Read This


My computer has an associated dictionary that showed words that I’ve never heard or read before. I was writing, “…warm-ups for interpersonal, occupational, and educational environments” and realized I needed to add the therapeutic environment. Since all the other words ended with “al” I looked in the thesaurus for another “al” word meaning therapeutic that would fit with the other words. Here are the words:

therapeutical      adjective
therapeutically   |-ik(ə)lē| adverb
therapeutist        |-tist| noun ( archaic)

When I say them, they sound weird. Maybe it’s just my brain. Of the three I like the archaic “therapeutist” the best and reminds me of John Wayne as the “Shootist.” Is there a correlation?

Stream of consciousness is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment